Sunday, August 10, 2014

Rottweiler Kisses

Zeus looked great in every way.
A badly needed dose of
rottweiler medicine.
VGSR adoption event in Gainesville today. The best thing about it, other than passing off Chloe to another foster, was seeing some of my former foster dogs.

Rottweiler loving, the head nuzzle.
The lovely Trinity was there because she's still in foster care. We knew she wouldn't be an easy placement but her foster mom is doing a lot of work with her socialization and she's a lot better than she was when she was living here with me in isolation from the larger world.

The highlight of my day was seeing former foster rottie, Zeus. He was half of a male/female pair who were given up by their owners. I haven't heard from the girl, but she's in a home where I've placed two or three rottweilers previously, so I know she's living the good life.

Zeus came and did what rotties do best (other than eat), which is kiss. Rottweiler kisses have proven therapeutic value and I needed some today. It may not be a cure, but it is guaranteed to make you feel better.
The gentlest, sweetest kiss you'll ever know.

I brought Ochie and Max, who were both highly neurotic hot damn messes in spite of having a shit load of medication on board. They both had someone come wanting to meet them, but meeting them was all it took to make them think better of it. I left Gambit at home. He might have enjoyed the event for a while, but I thought it would have been too long and too stressful for him. He's not doing well, still not eating, and I can't let this go on beyond tomorrow.

Chloe went to a new foster home with
Promises Animal Rescue.
She's a cute and sweet little girl.
She bounced back quickly after her spay.


Ochie needs to move north and
pull a sled for a living.
The only time you can catch Ochie still enough
to take a picture is when he's sniffing or pissing.

























So pretty, but no one home.













Max, a beautiful dog with a tortured mind.





No comments: