Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Catching up

The waiting is the hardest part.
I'll admit that I don't always get my dogs to the vet on time for their annual exam and vaccine boosters. I've been neglecting our own dogs lately but today took a couple steps towards bringing everyone current.

Maya has been sick the last couple of days, vomiting at night, usually from an empty stomach. She didn't want to eat on Sunday and I didn't press it, but Monday I made her some chicken and rice and that she ate. But she got me up again at 4:00 a.m. Tuesday morning with another vomiting session so I decided we'd go to the vet today. She has acted fine, never missed a walk, and she's still her usual perky self, but obviously her digestive tract wasn't happy. She had some diarrhea out on this morning's walk, but she was hungry when we got home and she even ate regular dog food again about noon, after having had chicken and rice in the morning.

We went to the vet and got her checked out but since things seem to be moving and she's eating again we didn't do xrays. She was due, overdue actually, for her annual exam, heartworm test, etc., so we got that done as well.

Since Maya was going I took Gigi along as well to have that spot she's been licking looked at. She was also overdue for her annual visit. so we got several things accomplished. She's got some medication for that raw spot, and blood work was done to check her thyroid because her coat looks so thin.

Most of Maya's pictures were blurry,
which should surprise no one.
When we got home, we cut Gigi's nails (she's surprisingly good about that), cleaned her ears, and slathered medicated goo on that bad spot on her left hip. She went straight up to bed when that was all done, while Maya and I went on another walk. We had taken Max in the morning and we took Daisy this afternoon, but the pictures below are from Monday's walk with Max.



Maya out with Max












No comments: