Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dane problems

I love them, but no one ever said that Great Danes were low maintenance dogs.

Diesel's skin is inflamed again, and especially his feet, which have been bleeding again from time to time. He got a bath today, with the same shampoo that helped him before. I expect I should have kept doing the baths at least weekly. After the bath we rubbed him down with this lotion that is supposed to stop the allergic reaction. Obviously this dog's allergies are not entirely under control yet, but the new owner is planning to take him to a dermatologist. I think the problem may well be the straw in the small yard next to the house, so getting him out of here may be the best thing for him.

He will be getting another foot bath before bed tonight too.








And then there's Gigi. She has a nasty looking hot spot on her rear end that I can't get healed up as long as she keeps licking it. I pulled out her inflatable collar again and put it on her. She was not pleased with me but it really doesn't prevent her from doing anything other than licking where she shouldn't be licking. Besides, she still looks fabulous. The girl can wear anything.






No comments: