Friday, February 20, 2015

Get along little doggie


We got him on Christmas eve and we went through a lot together in the past two months. We battled demons from his past, medical problems from his present, and managed to keep looking to the future. 

I'm always overjoyed when a foster gets adopted because I've generally been able to keep my distance from them emotionally. Consequently, when they get adopted the feeling is nothing but joy. But Diesel was different. I fell for him, hook, line, and sinker, so my feelings this evening are understandably mixed.


Diesel (affectionately known as "Cowdog") is three dogs in one in terms of his size, his needs, and his demands on human resources. With five permanent residents here and nearly as many fosters, I couldn't do him justice. It was time for him to move along. Not Wyoming, but Crozet will be his new home.    

I miss him, but he went to a great home and that's what I always wanted for him. 

He wasn't thrilled about it,
but he was good about it.

He had a bath before doing to his new home today so he
would look, and smell, his best.



He's a lot of dog.


That face.
Meeting one of the two new dogs
in his new home.



When Diesel speaks, everybody listens.

2 comments:

Llance said...

Crozet is more my neck of the woods. I hope I see him one day. He's a beauty!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Diesel and his new family.