Monday, February 9, 2015

Charlie's Day

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't do right by Charlie, until today. We got Charlie in January of last year. His vaccines needed to be updated and we did that today and finalized his adoption. Charlie's adoption was pure chance. His adopters came out to meet some of my other fosters that they had seen on the web. Charlie saw them, made a great first impression, and latched onto them like they were his ticket out of here. He did it himself and I'm happy for him.

 I didn't even have Charlie posted on the web. I would occasionally take him to adoption events, but his chances of getting seen were not great. He was an easy foster after he learned to get along with other dogs, and I usually put more effort into moving some of the more problematic dogs, or ones that I considered to be easy placements.
I love a dog who will sit between
your legs. He reminds me of our
Molly in this picture.

I left Charlie with his adopters after the home visit on Saturday. They brought him to our vet's office today to get his vaccines brought up to date. He tested negative for everything (yay!), and his weight was perfect. He was reasonably good with the vet although he really just wanted to leave. Charlie arrived wearing a new harness, he was clean and soft after a recent bath, and he had a new bed at home. He has landed well even if it did take a year.
This was Charlie when we got him in January of
2014. We had snow on the ground then.





Charlie didn't always have great manners
with other dogs, but he improved steadily
over the past year. That's one thing they get
plenty of practice with around here.
Charlie meeting Maya last year.




No comments: