Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Out and about again

Maya and Max out on the trail today.
Maya in the lead.
I finally got out for a hike again today with Maya and Max. The yard work and gardening has needed to be my priority lately, and once I stop an exercise habit, it is hard to start up again. I've needed it though. It's the best stress reliever I've found, and the best sleep aid. The dogs have been needing it too.
We had a good one today, almost 5.5 miles, and it made me realize how much I have been missing  and needing the exercise, so I'm going to try to get back to it on a consistent basis. After the hike I took Barkley, Toquima, and Roo out to the pasture for a romp while I mowed the dog yard and part of the pasture. A good time was had by all. 
Lady slippers

Pretty yellow pasture flower, I don't know it's name.







Roo didn't need to burn off any excess calories, but
he does need some muscle development, and he really
enjoyed running in the pasture, but he still stuck near me.
Roo and Barkley ran together most of the time.


Skinny little Roo posing near some clover
in bloom in our pasture.

Toquima went off by himself while we were out in the pasture,
engaged in important dog business, I'm sure.


No comments: