Friday, May 29, 2015

Anika update and other news

This is a quick update as I'm rushing around doing a thousand different things and trying to finish the work week. 
Anika's condition is improving. She still has some flaky skin but the sores are healing up and she's re-growing hair where it was missing. The thyroid test came back normal. She continues on the meds for Cushings. The improvement is good. We'll probably see the vet again the week after next to assess the progress and talk about what's next.
I can't say thank you enough to everyone who has donated and otherwise supported this effort.

I went down to the Fluvanna District Court clerk's office today to pre-pay the ticket that I received over Memorial Day weekend for canoeing without a life jacket. The officer hadn't sent in the paperwork yet so they had no record of it.  I certainly hope the river cop didn't capsize his motorized kayak in the 2' depth of the mighty Rivanna and lose all the paperwork. The very helpful court clerk entered the information from my copy of the summons and let me pre-pay it so I don't have to show up in court. 

And with that, I'm signing off for the next week to 10 days or so.  I just need to set this aside for a little while and concentrate on other things.  For those who read regularly and want to know, it will probably be the week of June 8th before I'm back to blogging again. There might be a new foster boxer on the horizon.






1 comment:

Risa said...

Glad to know that Anika is doing well.
Enjoy your sabbatical from the blog.