Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Spring chores

Maya and Sparky on a Memorial Day hike.
I've been very busy around here lately. I don't have much to show for it really unless you could see all the items crossed off my daily "to do" lists. The rain has held off so the grass has slowed down and I've had a chance to get a few other things done around here. I'm not walking as much as I'd like, or rather, not as much as Maya and Max and Sparky would like, but at this time of year there's just a lot of chores to be done around here.








The container garden is coming along.

I discovered one more big pot that I hadn't
planted until today. You can see how badly
the boxwood hedge needs to be cut back.
That's Vince checking out the new planting.


That bed behind Gigi has been planted with
various types of sunflowers. It should be very
pretty later this summer.

I can take Vince and Gigi out in the front
yard with me because they don't run off.
Vince and Gigi
Gigi



I set up a crate on the front porch so Maya
can hang out with me when I'm working in
the garden or the front yard. She's satisfied if
she's with me and I'm satisfied that she's safe.


The mower I got last year is a grass cutting
monster. It has cut mowing time in half, or less.
Barkley and Roo came out to the pasture with me this
afternoon while I did some mowing.



Roo is putting on some weight, I think, and is really looking good.

He's a great dog and is going to make some lucky person a very fine companion.


Barkley and Roo are a good play pair.
Barkley is rottweiler happy.


No comments: