Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Bulking up

Roo was very attentive throughout the
process, but he wasn't the only one.
Roo had some very soft stool for a couple days after he arrived here so I had been taking it easy on the food to avoid overloading his delicate German Shepherd digestive system. That seems to be resolved now, however, so it's time to start bulking him up.
These are the basic ingredients,
plus 10 pounds of raw hamburger.

Today I mixed up a batch of Satin Balls. I've written about them in the past, here, but I haven't made them in a long time. I added a couple things to the recipe this time, a box of milled flax seed, and two big cans of pumpkin, and I used a store brand version of Total cereal.






















Adding molasses to the raw meat.
Maya and Max, Roo in the open crate behind.
x





I've just poured the blended raw eggs over
the top, ready to begin mixing.


You mix it by hand and you never cook it.
It's not pretty.

But it is pretty tasty.
I will start adding it to his dry food tomorrow.

No comments: