Friday, February 3, 2017

Down to the river

The sun came out Thursday afternoon and it was too nice not to get out. I didn't have a lot of time but Gigi and Maya and I did a quick two miles at the dog park end of the Pleasant Grove property. I don't go there often because of the risk of people with unleashed dogs, but with Maya and Gigi that's not such a big concern. One free running dog came up to them, but he was friendly and they weren't interested so we soon went on our way.

The nice thing about this trail is that it goes down by the river. The Rivanna River is visible from a lot of spots where we normally walk, but this is the best place to go if you want to really walk into the river. Maya waded in a few steps and had a quick drink. Gigi didn't get her feet wet.

Gigi isn't part of my regular walking rotation, but occasionally she tells me that she wants to go. Yesterday was one of those days.





















And here's my own personal Jesus singing "The River."




No comments: