Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Cone-free

I kept the cone on Maya until Wednesday afternoon, about 4:00 p.m. That had been five days since her surgery. It was a beautiful day, I was finished with work, and I was going out for a good long hike. I didn't feel like taking Smokey because I wasn't sure what kind of crowd would be on the trails or how he would react so I was just going to take Serena. Then I thought, Maya is sad and she'll be pissed if I leave without her again, and it's been long enough, so I took off her cone, gave her neck a good scratch and off we went.

Maya actually slept in bed last night.
Well, she got down at some point but
she was in bed when I went to sleep
and that's very unusual for her.
It was a beautiful afternoon and I had time, so we went 6.2 miles and still made it home well before dark.

Maya is glad to be relieved of the cone and everyone else in the house is glad it's gone too. I haven't seen her scratch at her face at all and the surgery spot looks just fine so I don't think it's bothering her.



I didn't realize I got this shot until I got home,
but this gives an idea of what Serena might
look like with cropped ears that stood up.
I prefer natural ears.







Even since she discovered fish, Serena now spends some time looking for them in any stream.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girls!