Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Greening

The grass is all greened up and growing fast. The trees are now showing young green leaves, still growing, but changing the tint and hue of the woods from winter's browns to bright spring green. Tuesday I did three miles with Maya, Trooper, and Serena, followed by another three miles with Serena and Smokey.
The dogwoods follow closely behind the redbuds.



Serena was always out front, although she has the least idea
of where we are going and where the trails will take us.
I'm working on teaching her "right" and "left" verbal commands
but so far it works better to just pull her back a bit and indicate
with the leash which way I want to go.




We were in an unusually tight formation here,
I'm not sure why.

They get a very broad group view of the woods.

Three miles was at least one more than Trooper needed,
but we took it slow and he enjoyed it.




A welcome stop at Sparky's Watering Hole.

Serena standing guard while Smokey drinks.


We came out of the woods just in time for some of that
evening sunshine that is so pretty on fur.
I'm beginning to wonder if Smokey will ever lose that
little divot that Theo gave him on his forehead.





Without Maya's moderating influence, Serena pulled a lot
more on the second three miles, and Smokey was happy
to match her strength and speed. But towards the end I was
slowing down so I let them burn some energy pulling me.



No comments: