Saturday, April 20, 2019

Saturday

Nala, a yellow lab mix
I drove the two dogs that came in this week, Nala and Coco, up to Culpeper today. Debbie from Promises met me there and along with a potential adopter. The adopter took Coco home and Debbie took Nala to her new foster. Both dogs were great and should be adopted quickly and become wonderful companion animals.
I'm not sure what Coco is, Golden?, Corgi?, but she's cute.

I took Serena along for the ride because she really wanted to go. It was a windy day and she's been goofier than usual because of that. She didn't want to leave the van when we got there, but once she realized it wasn't a vet's office she hopped out and said hello before getting back in for the ride home.

Maya then accompanied me on a trip to the dump since she missed the first ride of the day. After that I took Serena, Maya, and Theo out for a late afternoon walk. Between the wind and the pent up energy from yesterday, Serena was really bouncy starting out. She finally settled down a bit and we had a nice walk.



The flag and Serena's ears both indicate a strong wind.
The angle of her tail indicates her excitement level - High.

Theo and Serena share the same harness. I put an Easy Walk
harness on Theo today but I don't really like it for our style of
walking. I am ordering a second leather one tonight.



The scanning strategy in action.

Heading into the woods, stopping for the consultation.






Zeroing in on something I could neither see nor hear.

Pulling me down the trail towards whatever
they thought they heard or saw.


There's not a lot of dogs that Theo has to lift his head to
see over the top of.





No comments: