Thursday, February 9, 2023

Week nine

Today is Thursday so it's the puppies' nine week birthday. We've been very lucky to have such dry and mild weather this week so they've had a lot of outdoor time. Today I even left the doors to the shed open for several hours in the afternoon so they could go in and out. Holly was with them. 

It's been windy and the colorful nylon play stuff blows to the back side of the space. Actually only the tunnels are still up, the other pieces have been flattened. I've been thinking that I need to give them something new to do out there, something that won't blow away, but something that they can play with, or on. 

I loaded up a couple cartloads of firewood and carried it back there and made a woodpile for them to climb on like goats. The first time I let them out of the shed they all ran over to it and stared at it, wondering what it was. It didn't take long, however, before they were investigating it, climbing on it, and chewing on it. I had done this with Della's puppies three years ago, but the wood was rotted, they ate it, and we had a day or two of nasty poop. This wood is still pretty solid so I hope that won't be an issue, but they did chew on it. They are puppies, they chew on everything.

This evening I took nine week pictures and weighed everyone. Weights are getting trickier because they are getting too big for the box in put them in on the scale. I had re-weigh a couple of them to get what I thought seemed like a more accurate weight. 



When I feed indoors I use the snuffle mat and the slow feeder for entertainment purposes.





Adina scaling the heights.

And looking very proud of her accomplishment.

They were all more sure of themselves after Holly checked it out.





Adina

Boomer

Camilla

Charlie

Dizzy

Peggy

Yukon


Boomer 16.23 pounds, and the other two boys were just shy of 16.
Then it's Adina, Peggy, and Dizzy in that order.
Camilla finally topped 10 pounds, coming in at 10.72!


No comments: