Thursday, February 2, 2023

Groundhog day hike

The groundhog's official prediction was for six more weeks of winter, although around here no one saw any shadows today. I decided I needed to find a way to enjoy hiking on cold, wet, muddy days. I dressed warmer today, with two layers on my entire upper body, not just the core, with a hoodie, gloves, and winter worthy hiking boots to keep my feet dry. That made a big difference in my comfort level. It was a perfectly dreary day so no one else was out, and that was nice too. 

I took Leo and Holly, a new trail combo and a good one. Holly was really ready to go and Leo always needs as much outdoor exercise as he can get. I had a harness on Holly and she did her best sled dog impression which gave me a lot of exercise. I got out a little earlier too, so we had time for four miles although it was pretty dark when we made it back to the van. 

It was a good walk. Check back later for a puppy post.













No comments: