Thursday, February 2, 2023

Eight week old mud pups

The puppies were born eight weeks ago today. Their play is rowdier than ever and they want to go outside even in bad weather. So they are muddy for their birthday pics today but I wrapped them in a towel and held them so the mud doesn't show as much. They will be clean by morning and then they will go outside tomorrow and do it all again. 

I've been leaving them out for longer periods, with Holly to supervise. After a couple hours she's had enough and the puppies are then ready to head inside for a nap. They are now loud enough that we can hear them from the house. They are all developing nice little barks. Everyone has lost their collars now; they are still around and most have gone through the wash, I just need to put them on again. Fortunately, I can tell them all apart now.

Boomer used to object to being held, now he seems to like it.

Camilla is so cute, and so different from the rest. 

Plush Peggy, Princess Peggy

Yukon is Mr. Cool.

Adina always liked to be held and she still does.

Dizzy is the usually the last to come back inside. 
Sometimes I have to track her down.

Charlie was very shy in the beginning, but he's definitely gotten over it.

Boomer will hit 15 pounds in the next day or two. 
I sure wish Camilla would get to 10 pounds by then, but I think it will be a few more days.

Holly is still very interested in her puppies but she had a great adult dog day,
hiking four miles with me and Leo. She's sleeping with me at night.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to kiss their little noses.