Monday, February 6, 2023

Something new

Today's hike featured something almost unprecedented. I took Della and Elvis, that's not new. We hiked 3.79 miles at Pleasant Grove, also not new. The trails we walked today were new to Elvis because I haven't been that way in a while, but Della and I had covered them many times. What today's hike had that I rarely have along with me is other people. 

Jan and Paul are friends/neighbors/adopters who live very nearby. They came along with us on this beautiful, almost spring-like day. We had a nice hike and went to an area of the park where they hadn't been and I hadn't been in quite a while. It was new territory for Elvis too, but he reacts to everything as new and interesting even on trails we use quite often. He did a lot more pee marking than usual today, however, so he must have known it was new territory.

I enjoyed their company and took advantage of them by asking them to take a few pictures of me with the dogs, something I'm never able to accomplish alone. 




















A good hike.


1 comment:

JoAnnF. said...

Loved your post and pictures. Love Jan and Paul,too. Know them when we went to Grace & Glory.
JoAnn Fawley:)