Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Cosmo, Max, puppies, and more

Cosmo arrived today. He's a Bernese Mountain Dog and a former foster. He's with us for a week while his folks are out of town. Cosmo is extremely devoted to his new dad, but as soon as the car pulls away, Cosmo is my dog again, until his dad returns next week. Cosmo gets along fine with the other dogs and he's one dog who is quite glad that there are no women here. Cosmo's fear of strange women is why we are the best possible place for him to stay when they are away, and he's easy to have around. He will use a crate but doesn't need to and we don't ask him to do so at night.

When Cosmo arrived I took most of the other dogs out to the pasture for a nice run. He enjoyed it and it helped him settle in. 

Former foster Cosmo, a/k/a The Big Hairy Beast

Berners are very photogenic.

They can't take a bad picture. 
Their photographic range runs from good to outstanding.

I haven't had any new pictures of Max in quite a while, or Maya either for that matter. I had them both out today and got some nice new pictures of Max especially. I've got to make a vet appointment for Max soon. He's making some sounds that concern me. I don't think there's anything to be done, but it's a sign that his age is really showing on him. He still gets around, just not as much, not as fast, and not as far.

My seniors, Max and Maya.

My little girl.




Max still likes, and needs, to carry something in his mouth.


Della, Elvis, and Paisley were out with us too, and of course, Holly. Holly really enjoys her pasture time. She's quite a hunter. I had trouble getting her back in from the pasture this afternoon.











And of course, we've still got puppies. They get cuter and cuter all the time. They really crave attention now and they all like to be held. I spent some time out there early this morning when it was still quite chilly snuggling a few puppies. The weather has been nice lately so they've been spending more time outdoors. That makes for less clean up inside, generally. If they are outside long enough, they are ready to nap when they get back in so they don't tear around and make so much mess.

Here's a shot of all seven of them in the bed. They really fill it now.


Holding Yukon this morning.

Holly taught them that this new toys was hers. That's a valuable and potentially lifesaving lesson.

Camilla, pushing her way in between my legs for some attention.

Look at Boomer's giant paw on my knee.

Holding Adina.


Plush Peggy

Settling down, sort of, for a nap.

Dizzy is still usually the last to come in. 
I often have to go out and track her down.

Charlie, Boomer, Yukon, Peggy, and Adina.


No comments: