Tuesday, February 28, 2023

More Delvis

I haven't been walking Della and Elvis lately because of Della's wounds, but they were looking better and both dogs were looking bored as we went today. I removed the cone, washed it, and left it at home for the hike. Della was very glad about that. I found a harness that fit her pretty well and I thought it would be easier on her than the rope harness that I usually use. 

We had a great hike, 3.5 miles, ending as it was getting pretty dark. When we got home, I mixed up some antiseptic wound cleaner and washed Della's wounds. They are still open but they look clean and appear to be healing, no signs of infection. The cone went back on, probably for another week. 


Elvis was very happy to out walking again.
He had quite a bounce in his step today.

I found this nice black harness among my dog supplies.
It fits her well and looks good on her.
Best of all, the part on her chest is padded.







3.5 miles

Della and Serena used to share this crate without any problem.
Somehow Elvis seems to be more of an intrusion.

They always seem to work things out.


No comments: