Sunday, July 1, 2012

Miles and movement

Sunday got off to a slow start.  I didn't have anything really pressing.  I watched TV in bed and drank coffee.  I did a blog post, I made blueberry pancakes.  I contemplated working outside or putting the canoe in the river but decided it was too hot for either.  We talked about making the trip out to Blue Mountain Brewery, which probably would have happened until I got a phone call and an email.

The phone call was from someone I'd been talking to about Max.  They were in a house without power, but even without air conditioning their basement was far more comfortable than Max's kennel outdoors and they were interested in a visit.  To top it off, I had an offer from another foster home to take in Arielle, so I loaded up both dogs and headed to northern Virginia. 

The folks interested in Max had shepherd experience, and a fenced yard, even if they didn't have air conditioning today.  We did the adoption paperwork and I left him there, hoping that their power will come back on and they will all be cooler by evening.  It will be a good home and Max really needed a home. 

I spent a fair amount of time with Max, and then called Arielle's new foster and she met me in Gainesville.  Arielle has already generated some interest from postings on Facebook so I expect she will have a number of interested applicants.  She needs a vet visit and she needs to be spayed, but she's in a cool and comfortable foster home tonight and I'm grateful for that. 

Two fewer fosters here tonight means that I can make better accomodations for those that remain here.  I'm going to move Lana and Hank into the big kennel with Dixie where they will have better shade and fans.  That will allow me to repair the canopy over the kennel Lana and Hank had been in, which was damaged by that wind storm we had the other night. 

The weekend put quite a few miles on the van between the trip to Harrisonburg yesterday and Manassas today, but the price of gas is down and it never seems as far when I move a dog or two.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I hope it works out for Max! He seems like a good ol' dog to have :)

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Happy Birthday, Brent. Thank you for all that you do every single day, all year through to help our furry friends. You are One In A Million.