Monday, July 9, 2012

Our time will come

On Sunday I drove Dixie, Lana, and Hank up to Gainesville for an adoption event.  It was another hot day, but there was a breeze, shade, and lots of cold water to drink.  The three I took are accustomed to being outdoors so they handled it well and enjoyed the activity.

Arielle is beautiful in profile, or from any angle.
Arielle was there.  She's the dog I took in from Greene County a couple weeks ago and moved to another foster home.  She looked great, those raw spots (was never sure what they were) are healing up very nicely.  She tested positive for Lyme but that's an easy treatment, and it turned out that she was already spayed.  The fact that she was spayed confirms my impression that the dog had been well cared for at some point in her life, which really makes one wonder how she ended up as an unclaimed stray. 
Daisy wasn't thrilled to be there, but I was glad to see her.
Her adopter is doing the right thing by getting her out
to meet dogs and people outside of her own home.
The VGSR volunteer who adopted Luna brought her out to socialize.  The pup is now called Daisy and she wasn't particularly interested in socializing with strange people or dogs, but it was nice to see her anyway.  That "blanket" covering her is actually some sort of cooling cloth.   You soak it in water and then it cools as the water evaporates.  It did seem to work. 
Anyone with a treat had Hank and Lana's undivided attention.

Lana and Hank were charming as always.  Hank played with chunks of ice and then protected them from other dogs.  Dixie had a few fans yesterday, including a young couple who made a very generous contribution for her.  I think they read this, so I'll say "thank you" here. 
Dixie has focus and intelligence
like I haven't seen since our Gypsy.

I went up there with no real prospects and no particular expectations, but I'm confident that those three dogs will find the right homes.  I've got to get them out there to be seen so they can work the crowd, which they did.  Their time will come. 

Hank and Dixie working the crowd
Lana gave a lot of kisses and hugs

No comments: