Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A book and a beer

I laid in bed this morning half watching tv and half trying to go back to sleep. I peeked out and saw the blowing snow and knew that we'd soon be without power. The satellite signal was already blocked by the clouds but I had the full season of Downton Abbey, Arrow, and 50 episodes of The Big Bang Theory recorded on the DVR.

I thought that I should get up and fill some buckets with water so I'd be able to flush more than once. I also thought about coffee but I rolled over and snuggled with my girlfriend instead. Clay was out of town so she moved up to his pillow after Trooper vacated the spot in the mistaken belief that this would be our usual morning routine.

The power didn't last long. I got the dogs out to do their business and cleaned up the poop that Lady had left on the floor. When everyone was back in I let the fosters out of the shed and into the dog yard. Herc found his ball almost completely buried in the snow.

I retreated back inside and soon began to wonder what I would do with myself home alone with no power all day. Ever helpful, Facebook friends suggested reading real books and drinking. With no coffee , I decided WTF and started the day with a book and a beer, a home brew Redbone Ale.

I'll feed about mid-day and then maybe start a fire.

1 comment:

Risa said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend the day.