Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Coming attractions

This is Frank.  I haven't met him yet but will probably be getting him within the next week.  He's currently recovering from some sort of respiratory infection and ear infection.  I saw a posting on Facebook from my vet today about how much kennel cough they've been seeing and reminding folks of the importance of vaccinating for it.  The canine community has probably been having their version of that infectious crud that has been going around so many people this winter.

I think Frank was a stray, unclaimed, and he's a big boy.  He's somewhat mature, not sure of his age.


This next shepherd is named Tanya.  Her owner died and the family wants to re-home her.  She's about four years old, spayed, and supposedly up to date on shots.  I'm going over to Powhattan on Thursday to meet her and probably bring her home.  Just realized that the appointment I made to meet the dog conflicts with our house cleaner and nothing is more important than that.  I placed a call to re-schedule the dog. 

I also need to work in a home visit for prospective new foster home in the next couple of days.  I'm hoping that they will be able to take in Tanya if she checks out.  I've got another foster home in mind for Frank, but realistically they are both likely to be here for a while a least. 

I received about a dozen notices about another dog, a rottie, listed on Craigslist out of Fredericksburg. I got notified about that one multiple times via email, Facebook postings, Facebook messages, and text message to my phone.  I wrote the person who posted the ad and didn't hear anything back.  The way that got around on the web it is quite likely the person was inundated with email, and probably much of it not helpful, but I hope they found an appropriate placement for the dog.





3 comments:

cdturner1 said...

I'm glad you're getting the girl in Powhatan. I was at Powhatan AC today, and one of the owner's relatives had been calling them. I suggested that they contact your group.

Anonymous said...

Frank is a handsome old boy. I hope that he finds a good home.

BudsBuddy said...

Frank has an awesome face! I hope someone will fall in love with him quickly.