Monday, March 25, 2013

Cabell and Gigi at the vet


We got about 6" of new spring snow between Sunday afternoon and Monday morning.  The power went off about 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning but came back sometime later.  It flickered on and off quite a bit in the morning and it suddenly occurred to me that the vet probably had openings due to weather cancellations.  Cabell had been drooling a lot out of one side of his mouth, and lately I thought he was having difficulty eating, or at least he was eating slower.  Gigi was back to licking one of her elbows excessively.  I wanted them both to be looked at and got an appointment for early afternoon.

Sure enough, Cabell has at least one bad tooth and we've got him scheduled for a dental (extraction, xrays, cleaning) on Tuesday morning.  He doesn't mind going to the vet, he likes the women there.

































Gigi was less thrilled about it, and will be even less so because the vet wants her to wear a cone to keep her from licking that spot.  I can tell you exactly what will happen.  We'll put a cone on her and she won't like it.  She will come over to me, look forlorn, put her paw up on me and ask me to take it off.  There is nothing in our shared experience that suggests that I'll refuse her.  I think I may look for something I can put over her elbow to keep her from licking it without using the cone.  Maybe some piece of hockey gear or something.  I did something like that once for some body part on some dog. 


After we were back home today.
Bremo and Cabell on the beds, Trooper and Maya, snuggling

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cabell is so cute. I just want to pet him all day. Hope getting the tooth out makes him feel better.

Living the life in The Little City said...

Great photos. I like how Maya is fitting in with the gang.

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics you post. The expressions are priceless! Gigi looks super pissed, Capbell is adorable and looks like he will just go with the flow. But that picture of Trooper and Maya- well that just takes the cuteness cake to a new level!