Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Exercise

Ochie
Patch, after his bath, rolling in the grass.
My plan was to go to the pasture and ride the mower, cutting some grass while the dogs ran.  The damn mower wouldn't start so I had to walk instead, but I needed the exercise at least as much as the dogs.

I gave Patch another bath in the tub upstairs.  It was easier this time, both getting him up the stairs and into the tub.  Seeing him every day as I do it's hard to notice improvement, but after today's bath I really could.  He's got more hair and less greasy, yeasty funk.  I really want to move him indoors but I'd like to get Chloe and/or Natalie moved out first.  He wasn't all that interested in running around the pasture, so I put him back in and brought out Ochie in his place.  I'm keeping those two separated now because they seem to rub each other the wrong way.  Neither dog has had any problems with any other dog, but they have fought each other two or three times.
 

Brain damaged Max.  He ran a lot today but
someone has to tell him to do so.  The dog
doesn't seem to be able to formulate an idea.
Maya was more than happy to fill the void.
So it was Ochie in for Patch, along with Gigi, Natalie, Chloe, Franklin, Max, and of course, Maya.  Maya had stayed in the dog yard all morning, but when I went out to the pasture after Patch's bath, she was not to be found.  She didn't come when I called either.  She must have been somewhere in the neighborhood though, where she could see or hear the activity in the pasture.  We were out there only about five minutes before she came running up from out of no where.  She can get back into the pasture easily enough.


As soon as Maya appeared, she was on him
and she never let up.
My fencing man was out last week and we talked about replacing and improving some of the fencing, as well as expanding the dog yard and putting up a six foot fence.  He sent an estimate yesterday and I'm still dealing with sticker shock, but we will be moving forward with it.

The dogs had a good run and I had a good walk.  Everyone is quiet this evening.  I took a lot of pics today, I'll probably just post some more from this group tomorrow.



She rode him like a bus route.




Ochie on the run
Natalie is the smallest but she can
keep up pretty well. 
Natalie would wait for Chloe to catch up.




Natalie and Chloe were always together.




My beautiful Gigi spent most of the time
eating deer poop.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brent, Love the photos and the commentary.
Sharon Swan

Anonymous said...

Love all the pics! But i really love the ones of Natalie and Chloe. Looks like it wasa good day for all of you!