Saturday, October 12, 2013

This shit's getting old

Trooper and Gigi
Trooper and Patch
So this is like three, four days now of clouds and drizzle?  I'm over it.  I was over it after the first day but it sounds like we have at least one and maybe two more of the same yet to come.  I don't know how people live in dreary climes.  Clay will vouch for the fact that I become, shall we say, "irritable" when long stretches of bad weather prevent me from playing outside.
  
The dogs have a variety of coping mechanisms.  Some dogs (Trooper and Gigi), just sleep through it.  Others, like Maya, don't mind getting wet and pretty much go about their normal routine.  Most are spending much more time indoors than usual.  But they get bored and need to go out where they get wet and muddy to varying degrees.
Ochie

The boardwalk is great and I love it even more when it rains.  At least the pathway from the house to the dog yard isn't a slog through the mud now.  We bought a couple bales of straw to help with the muddy area of the dog yard, nearest to the gate. 


Patch, rolling in the straw
The non-view from the Afton scenic overlook
I took Ochie to meet someone in Waynesboro today.  It wasn't a match but it was worth a shot.  Good adopter, but with two very small kids and no fence they will need an easier dog.  I had some work to finish this afternoon and then I spent some time getting my dog paperwork together.  I put together collars with new tags for Patch and Ochie. 


Patch, without the pathetic look on his face.
With Ochie and Maya, playing in the straw.
Patch, with new collar and tags
Maddie went home with someone on Friday.  It's a really fantastic placement for her so I am just holding my breath hoping that everything works out.  Initial reports are good. 

I'm going to Gainesville on Sunday and I'm bringing a new foster home from there so I really hope I can move some out.  I don't mind being a revolving door, that's the idea in rescue, but some need to go out as others come in.  A former adopter is coming to meet Natalie and Chloe.  I hope that one or both of them will find a new home.  I should take Max, but with the weather the way it is, we'll be indoors at the Petsmart and I don't think that will be a good experience for Max's first outing. 






No comments: