Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall colors

Max
Spring flowers are pretty, but you really can't beat fall colors.  Patch is doing very well post-op today.  He is even coming up and down the stairs on his own, readily and without difficulty.  He's getting a healthy dose of pain meds along with his regular antibiotic, anti-fungal, and antihistamine drugs.  I did not take him out for the pasture romp today, but I had to get Max, Anna, and Ochie out.  It makes a big difference in the evening noise level around here.  Vince and Maya came along too.

Vince, on the move

Maya and Anna.  The two girls seem to get
along although Maya did let her know that
she was in charge today.



I walked Max for a while and then let him
run while I did some mowing.  
This isn't the two girls just being friends, Maya
is pushing her to assert herself.  She's a bitch
but she's subtle about it.
Vince, with Anna behind him, and that's Maya's
tail in back, heading the opposite direction.



If I had a tail (and I often wish I did),
I'd want a tail like Maya's.  
I was too far away to get a sharp picture of Anna,
but just look at her confirmation and movement.



Next week it will be dark by late afternoon, so I figured
we'd better get in as many days as we can.
This is Max with a kong in his mouth, that helps but still
doesn't stop him from chasing his tail all too often.

Max is such a good looking dog, I still hold out some hope, but it comes and goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing all those dogs running and having fun!

Loved the blog about Patch as well. Once he recovers, he's going to make some human a most awesome companion!