Saturday, January 25, 2014

January

Ochie
I've seen something going around on Facebook that says while December is a beautiful, winter wonderland, January is nothing but a cold, gray, bucket of suck. That's a fairly apt description actually.  This week has been colder for a longer period of time than we usually have in the winter. Today was warmer, temps in the 30s for the first time all week, but it was cloudy and windy for much of the day so it just felt cold.
Charlie (front) and Max (rear)

It was cold.  I kept the dogs all indoors as long as possible this morning but finally Trooper insisted on going out, and for good reason.  I know better than to ignore that for very long.  Ochie, Charlie, and Max all seemed pretty good with it for a while this morning.  Trooper wanted to come back in after eating and I just brought Maya in so she wouldn't let herself out.  Gigi's outdoor time is limited to the bare necessities this week.

Ochie loves to fetch.
I needed to walk again but my back was hurting a bit from Max's pulling the other day.  I took Maya instead and we had a nice walk.  She doesn't pull at all, she's not interested in hauling my weight around so she lets me set the speed.  I think she will develop into a good trail dog.  She sticks to the trail, is interested in wildlife but doesn't go after it, and Dog knows she's smart enough to learn the routes.









Max bullies Ochie and chases him into the shed. Charlie doesn't put up with it from Max.
Maya handles Max if she's around, but he's a bit of an asshole towards Ochie if she's not.

I'm hoping that Charlie will kick his ass and straighten him out.

I had trouble getting her in the pictures
because she stuck so close to me.
Maya on our walk today.


Today's route, 5.36 miles

No comments: