Thursday, January 30, 2014

Charming Charlie

Charlie had been neutered and vaccinated before I got him, but he didn't have a heartworm test so today we went to the vet for a basic exam and heartworm test. The visit was more telling about Charlie's personality than his health, which was basically fine. He's a youngish dog, probably 2-3 years old. He was good with the vet and the vet techs, making for an easy blood draw and exam.

He's got that rottweiler charm to him and it really showed when he was around people. Here at home as one of many dogs, it is hard for him to shine, but one-on-one he's really sweet and charming.

He tested positive for Lyme but he's asymptomatic so we are not going to treat for it. Everything else checked out fine.

Gigi came along for a weigh in and she had gained four pounds, which she needed. I've got her on a new food and supplement routine that she seems to be tolerating very well and she's picking up weight. I got on the scale myself and I was down 10 pounds from my last doctor's visit, which pleased me greatly. Even allowing for a discrepancy between the scales at my doctor's office vs. the vet, at least it shows movement in the right direction. I need to stick to the diet and exercise program because I need to drop another 10-15 pounds at least.












No comments: