Friday, January 17, 2014

My kind of dog

I got an email from a local shelter last week asking if I'd consider taking in Charlie. They sent this pic. I already knew he'd be coming to stay here because he's my kind of dog. They called him a rottie/shepherd mix and that's probably as good a guess as any. His name is Charlie and he looks a lot like another rottie mix named Charlie that we had many years ago. That Charlie would start to howl in the morning when the coffee maker started up.

This guy didn't test well with cats and may be particular about his dog friends according to the assessment. That's something we can work with around here. He's not neutered yet but he will be on Monday. Neutering will help his dog-on-dog social skills to some extent and Trooper and Maya should be able to handle the rest.

Clay and I went to meet him today but he will stay at the shelter until he's neutered early next week.  I like him.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.