Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sort of snowy

Today is the 11th day in a row that I've been out hiking with dogs and I've logged almost 72 miles since the first of the year. That's pretty good, I just hope it will show up on the scales before long.
There was barely enough
snow to make a footprint.

I know that all this walking makes for a pretty boring blog for the reader. I had hoped for a bit of variation today with a hike in the snow, but the snow didn't really materialize around here. It finally started about 4:00 p.m. this afternoon when I headed out on the trails with Max. We will be lucky to get anything measurable out of it in terms of snowfall, but I don't really mind, they can have it over in the valley and up north. I think my days of wishing for a big snow are over.

We stopped at one of the picnic shelters for photos.
Max and I did five miles at a pretty good pace, just over 15 minutes per mile. We spotted four deer, which helped our pace. I don't usually start at the dog park area with Max because he's not good with small dogs that we are apt to encounter around there, but we had the place all to ourselves today.
In the back of the van on the way home.






Today's route, 5.02 miles

No comments: