Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Sparky Four Miler

The streams were flowing but had some ice.
It was warmer today and we were bored with being stuck at home huddling inside away from the cold even though we've only had two days of this.  

Sparky and I went out this afternoon for a fast four miler.  We did just over four miles in just over an hour, averaging 15 minutes per mile, which is pretty fast for me.  That was a good length hike.  I can do longer but not at that pace.  I don't have to go at that pace but I wanted four miles today and I only had about an hour so we did it.  
Sparky was here.

A frozen puddle
This is the end of the trail near the dog park.
We don't  usually walk around here because I
prefer to avoid the people, but we had it all
to ourselves today.
Sparky is fine with moving fast but we were on parts of the trail that were new to him so he was wanting to stop and pee a lot.  I kept him moving and in turn he wasn't too cooperative when I wanted to stop for pictures.  We compromised a bit and we both enjoyed it.  I liked the distance but I don't plan to do them all at that pace.  








There's a small poorly maintained cemetery
just down the hill from the dog park.


Our route today:  4.16 miles
Sparky did a lot of rolling in the grass
whenever we stopped today.
Sparky is such a good looking dog, and he
looks great in a leather harness.

No comments: