Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sparky's turn

Today's rain didn't amount to much but it did prevent anything from beginning to dry or even drain.  But it ended early and cleared off by early afternoon so I got Sparky out for a hike. We did just four miles, which was enough for me after yesterday's six miles with Max. We walked on the horse trails on the part of Pleasant Grove adjacent to the new high school. I haven't been on those trails very often and certainly didn't realize how extensive they were until today. There are a few more segments I didn't get to because light was fading fast but they will be there another time. That area is generally less muddy because the woods are more open and the trails aren't used as much. It was getting dark by the time we were done, but I can tell that the days are getting a bit longer already.
I followed some tire tracks back into the woods
that ended in clearing with this in the middle.
I looked around for a coven of witches.





Sparky, rolling in the grass

Full moon and fog

This is the largest of three cemeteries I
know of on the Pleasant Grove property.
They've taken down the fence that enclosed it.

Today's route, 4.06 miles

Our backyard after dark.  Full moon, a planet (Venus?), birch trees, and fog.

No comments: