Sunday, February 2, 2014

A no football Superbowl Sunday


No one who knows me will be surprised that I don't give a rat's ass about professional sports. I like to take in a baseball game about once a year, enjoy a nice day sitting in the sun, drinking beer and eating junk food, but aside from that, spectator sports are just not my thing. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they sink to the level of the myriad cultural cancers that infest our national psyche such as the Kardashians, Honey BooBoo, Duck Dynasty, or the Tea Party. They do provide a socially acceptable forum for getting together in large groups to shout and yell, and perhaps there is value in that, I don't know.

At any rate, I had plans for the day that didn't include football.

I went to visit Daphne, shown here, who comes here to visit occasionally when her human travels. Daphne's mom had a friend who died recently, leaving behind, among others, an 8-9 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback.




















We went over so I could meet the dog and take some pictures, in case I could help in finding a new home for the dog.

The dog is lovely and the best news is she may already have a new home. My help may not be needed after all, and I'm fine with that, I just hope it all works out well for the dog.






























I had a big lunch with Daphne's mom and then came home to do a big hike with Mad Max. We logged 8.6 miles on the trails this afternoon. It was a beautiful day to be outside, and we haven't had very many of those this winter, so we made the most of it.
















No comments: