Saturday, February 8, 2014

There's a new girl in town


She calls herself "Princess" which may be a problem because that's Gigi's title and I'm not sure how she'll take to having a rival. I hope to move this new Princess to another foster home, maybe next weekend.

She's a nice girl, maybe 4-5 years old? I haven't had a good look at her mouth yet. She was dumped at a shelter by a backyard breeder when they were done with her. Fortunately, that shelter is near my doggie dealer who spotted her and pulled her out. She's been living in her barn for the last couple of weeks until we met today. I hadn't seen her but this is one person on earth from whom I'll take a dog sight unseen.

She's only met Mad Max so far but that went fine. I just hope she doesn't think she's been moved to a mental asylum.

She's sort of a stocky girl, short but pretty solid. Her nose is wider and not as long as many shepherds. Good looking dog. She rode beautifully in the crate on the drive home.

For anyone who's wondering, we are going to take in Argo, the black shepherd with the disorganized legs. I've got a prospective foster home lined up for him and hope to make the transfer next weekend. There's no real diagnosis other than some sort of neurological disorder. He doesn't seem to be in any pain and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. We'll just have to try to find him a home that will accept him "as is" and hope for the best while giving him a loving home.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Princess is a beauty. I bet she won't be around for very long.