Saturday, February 15, 2014

Intake, transfer, and transport

Snow is a great background for photographing
black dogs, makes an excellent silhouette anyway.
This is Argo and the resident dog in his new
foster home, London.

It was a busy morning. I took in another dog and adopted none, but there's one less dog at my house this evening. Sounds like a riddle doesn't it? How does +1 - 0 = -1?

I took in Argo. I drove to the owner's house and picked him up. He was happy enough to come with me but a bit confused. I had to help him into the crate in the van but he was getting around very well. I had a chance to see him with the three kids in his former home and he was perfect with them.
Those ears don't miss a thing.

I wanted to pick up Argo rather than have him meet the foster because I wanted to help with introductions to the new foster's household, which was just a little way on up the road. Argo has a new sister in his new home, and still has two human children as well. I think he will settle in nicely there, and in fact he was doing so when I got the first report. He saw one of the resident cats but didn't seem to know what it was and certainly didn't go after it.

Princess was along for the ride because after picking up and transporting Argo, I drove on up the road to meet the new foster for Princess. It wasn't an adoption, but it will facilitate her adoption and it means one less at home.












No comments: