Sunday, February 23, 2014

Catching up

Here's the last few days in pictures.


Ochie and I did four miles on the trails last Thursday.
He and Max both gobble up snow every chance they get.


Clay came home on Friday after being out of town for 10 days.
I had to explain the new sleeping arrangements to the dogs.
Maya didn't even listen, Gigi slept on the bed as she always did.
Trooper had the decency to go back to one of the dog beds.



I did five miles on Friday on the roads to avoid the muddy
trails. This is the view from the road up behind our house.
Maya was tired after our walk.







A rare picture of Cabell. It's a little easier to take his picture
now that he can't hear the camera, but once he sees it, he
still gets up and walks away.



I asked Max to give me his best Rin Tin Tin pose.
That show was before his time so he gave me a blank stare.
The Rivanna River is running fast and muddy from all the
snow melt and runoff.

I had Saturday free so I did a long hike
(10 miles) with Max. This was a rather
interesting growth of fungi on a dead tree.























After my hike on Saturday we went to James River
Brewing over in Scottsville and Maya came along.
This time she was actually seeking out people for
attention, mostly those who either smelled like dogs
or those who had food. 
On Sunday morning Clay brewed
up a new beer, this is a porter
from an old recipe.






Vince came out to help with the brew.
I went to Lowe's Sunday morning and got
materials for this device, called a "hop spider."
You put the hops into a permeable bag suspended
in the brew pot.






I took Maya first, then came home and switched dogs.
Ochie got the second hike over the same route but in
the opposite direction.


While Clay was brewing, I did two fast
hikes, each about 2.25 miles.

No comments: