Monday, February 17, 2014

Slogging through the snow

I've been off the exercise program for a few days, it seems, or at least not hitting it as hard as I was. On Sunday I took Maya and Ochie together for a five mile hike. They were a handfull, mostly because Ochie thought nothing of dragging me 10' to either side in order to get to something he wanted to mark. Maya is good on a leash, no pulling, but she didn't make any effort to keep him in line either. We started out just walking the roadways at Pleasant Grove, on relatively snow-free and solid footing, but that got boring so we headed into the woods for a bit of trail walking. We got five miles in by the time it was over.







I had Monday off for President's Day and really didn't have much to do. I got Sparky out for a hike. We did at least five miles, mostly on the trails, and it felt like a lot more. Slogging through the combination of snow, ice, slush, and mud is a lot tougher walking than floating along solid (dry or frozen) ground. Sparky did something that he never does, walk behind me. I don't know if he thought I was in danger of falling or what. It was a good hike, but it felt more like 10 miles.

If you read the prior blog post, you'll know that I took Princess to a new foster home on Saturday. The new foster took her to meet some interested adopters on Sunday and they loved her, wanted her, and kept her. I'm very happy about that because it seems like a great home and it means one less transition that Princess will need to make.

Argo is also doing well in his new foster home. He's proving to be cat-friendly and he really loves belly rubs and playing ball. I've had a couple inquiries about him already that I've just forwarded to the foster.






No comments: