Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday warming

Sparky loved rolling in the snow.
Sparky's got the best smile.
The snow is melting, turning to mud, but there's still piles of it around in some places so I'm not prepared to declare winter over just yet.


Downloading the update to MapMyWalk fixed the problem I was having the last couple of days. Sparky and I went out for four miles in the muck this afternoon. I think I'll have to stick to the roads until the snow is completely gone and drying begins. Many sections of the trail were doing double duty as streams today. Sparky didn't mind, however, and we had a nice muddy walk.

Today's route, 4.13 miles of mud

I returned a call today about this dog, a potential owner surrender. Two year old male, no training, unneutered, and guess what, the owner is having problems with him. Duh.

He's a good looking dog and I may go to meet him this weekend. The only problem is that he's in Lynchburg. Lynchburg:  ground zero for ignorant christian white trash. Jerry Falwell may be dead but he's still not dead enough to suit me, and he left behind his demon spawn and his bible school in that wicked little town. I'm not inclined to venture very close to Lynchburg, but I may have them meet me somewhere closer to Charlottesville.

He is a good looking dog and he has been living with a small dog, so maybe prey drive isn't among his issues.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sparky is so darn good looking. Great smile and wonderful face.

Kathleen