Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow day

If there's any downside to working from home, it's that there are no "snow days" where you are off work due to weather. Actually, that's a downside that I'm happy to live with because the benefits of working from home, and having the electricity stay on, are far greater.

I did have to work, but I also managed to get out and enjoy the snow, so to speak. I shoveled my boardwalk to the dog yard. I got the dogs out to romp, and again periodically throughout the day according to their needs.

Princess vomited last night, post-surgery, and didn't want to eat today. That's not too unusual and she's drinking water at least so I hope she will be perkier tomorrow. Gigi has to be forced to go outside, but Ochie, Charlie, and Max seem to enjoy it. Everyone will be inside again tonight, although really the temperature isn't that bad. I have everyone on reduced rations, feeding just once a day because less food means less need to poop, which can be problematic with 10 dogs indoors, some crated, some at-large in different locations throughout the house.

I even got out for a short hike this afternoon with Max. We only did one mile but walking through snow is a lot more strenuous. I am usually walking a mile in about 15 minutes, but the snow mile was 25 minutes. It was good for both of us.











No comments: