Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stupid boys


Ochie, Charlie, and Max are vying for the top spot on my shit list this evening. Princess, on the other hand, is a shining star of sweetness and light.
Princess meeting Charlie, after the initial
brush up, which was all Charlie's fault,
they got along just fine.
Princess and Trooper.
All the girls love Trooper.

I took Ochie and Charlie to an adoption event up in Gainesville. I held Charlie because it was his first event and he doesn't have the best greeting style with new dogs. I wasn't feeling great and he quickly wore me out so he went back to the van. I left early and came back home so I could do introductions with Princess and the other dogs while it was still daylight.

She's been with Mad Max with no problems, they spent last night together in the shed and I closed them in there today while I was away. I let them out to the dog yard when I got home and brought Ochie in first to meet Princess.  They just ignored each other, although Max started going after Ochie as he always does. I brought Charlie in and he immediately jumped into his first strike aggressive move against Princess but backed off when I yelled at him. I brought Trooper into the dog yard from the house and he was a perfect gentleman as always and she seemed to like him as all the girls do. I brought Maya out and the two girls met, no problem, although Maya had her fur up looking large and in charge.
Princess, in the house,
meeting Maya

Maya was fine with her.
Princess seemed rather intimidated by it all but she handled it well and certainly didn't start any trouble. She retreated into a dog house a couple of times and stuck close to me for security, which I always like. Maya started running the boys around the yard and then she and Charlie really got into some hardcore play, more than I've seen from them in the past. That's fine, Maya can play as rough as any boy dog twice her size and she enjoys it. But then Ochie came over and tried to get in on it, and he and Charlie got into a fight. No one was hurt, but I didn't want to reach in to grab either of them to break it up so we just let it run its course. No one else wanted to get involved and they broke it off but I ended up being pissed at both of them.
Trooper is the only one she played with.

This evening I've brought Princess inside and banished the boys to separate outdoor spaces. Charlie is confined to the kennel, Max to the dog yard, and Ochie is in the a/c yard on the other side of the house. Princess came upstairs to the office with Maya, Trooper, Vince, Gigi, and me. She handled the stairs with no problem and is now settled down in the one of the crates for the night. If Princess does well being crated and continues to get along with the others, I'll have a foster home for her next weekend.
Too much closeness, too much stupid.
Maya with Max, Ochie, and Charlie











Princess (left) with Maya, Charlie, and Mad Max


Left to right: Maya, Charlie, Ochie, and Mad Max


Charlie playing with Maya, Ochie trying to cut in.
It was right after this that the fight broke out.

No comments: