Monday, February 10, 2014

Back at it

My cold sort of rallied itself this weekend and tried to stage a comeback, but I think that two good nights of sleep have finally defeated it, or at least have it on the run. I went out with Ochie today, thinking we'd do just a couple miles on the trails. I felt pretty good and soon decided to make it three miles, and eventually we stretched it out to five. It was cloudy, not a pretty day, and no one else was out mid-afternoon, so we had the route to ourselves after encountering one couple and two dogs near the beginning.

Ochie was good, he doesn't really pull much, most of his action is side to side, working both sides of the trail at once, requiring some fancy leash handling from time to time but not a lot of pulling. I hiked over a hundred miles in January and that seems like a good monthly goal, but I need to get going if I'm going to make that in February. It's a short month anyway and I've already lost a few days due to being sick.

Princess had a good night indoors. I think she's been a house dog. She took to the crate with no problem, goes up and down the stairs with ease, and is working the program around here pretty well. I've got a vet appointment with her tomorrow and a spay appointment for her on Wednesday, so she can move to her new foster home fully vetted and ready to go.


 Remember Maddie? She was the painfully shy little shepherd mix girl that I had taken in from the Charlottesville SPCA. She went to a wonderful new home, thanks to Erika of Green Dogs Unleashed. She's happy, the adopter is happy, and the adopter's other dog is very happy. It took a couple of tries to find the right home, but it happened.





No comments: