Monday, February 24, 2014

A small victory lap

I was at the doctor's office today for a weigh-in on the "official" scale. I still prefer the scale in the vet's office, but this one said I had lost 11 pounds since I was there just back in January, about five weeks ago. That's pretty good. I came home and told my personal trainer, Sparky, and he suggested we go out for a victory lap.

The weight loss is great, but it's not over, I have a ways to go yet. According to those stupid BMI charts I should be the same weight I was in high school. That's just stupid, no one in high school is fully grown.

The small victory I was able to celebrate was getting into smaller sized jeans than I've been wearing. It's a tangible sign of progress and it means I'm finally losing some of the weight around my waist, which the doctor says is the last and hardest place to lose it from.

I set out to do four miles but Sparky said let's do five instead, and we did. No signs of spring yet, but the snow is almost all gone, and there were only a few muddy areas on the trail.
5.16 miles @ ~ 15 minutes/mile







No comments: