Saturday, July 19, 2014

Walking with Sparky

I put on five pounds on the Kansas trip, lost it before we went to New York, and put it back on in New York.  I got an automated phone call on Friday reminding me of a doctor's appointment on Monday.  I had hoped to have that five pounds (and more) gone again by the time of my next doctor's appointment but I don't think that's going to happen.  But Sparky and I have been giving it a try the last couple of days.  We did five miles on Friday and six on Saturday.

He is just the best dog to walk with.  He's enthusiastic and encouraging, but he doesn't drag me (much) or stress me out.  He sniffs and pees, but he knows how long to stop and he keeps going.  We can encounter people, bikes, horses, and he's fine.  He doesn't go into a frenzy when we see or hear deer.  He usually leads me but sometimes he drops back and walks right by my side so I can reach out and pet his big head.  Good dog, Sparky.















No comments: