Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The heat is on

Sparky and I did five miles today and we crossed
a stream three times. We stop for a few minutes
each time to let him drink and cool off. 
I'm sort of a reverse hibernator. I'm much more inclined to hole up inside during the heat of summer than I am during the winter. I can't do that if I want to lose weight, however, so I've been trying to get out on the trails more often, at least for 2-5 miles. I took Maya the last couple of days and today I took Sparky again. On my way out the driveway, I stopped and snapped some pictures of the container garden, which is mostly still doing well.









We walk mostly in the shade, which helps, but the tradeoff
for that is the lack of any breeze, which never seems to
make it into the woods.

We came across this guy right in the trail.
Sparky stopped, gave me a WTF? look and we
walked around.


If you look closely, there's a deer in
this picture. We were pretty close.
Sparky's reaction was the same as to
the snake.

No comments: