Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bonding

Fanny and Diesel
Out in the pasture he doesn't look or
seem over-sized at all. 
Fanny is playful and he played
with her appropriately.
Diesel is now pretty well bonded to me. It didn't take much effort on my part, but it did take a few days, a few walks, and a few meals. He's inside most of the time but I am taking him out to the pasture once or twice a day, generally after meals, so he can stretch his legs and do his business. Today I had Max and Fanny out as well. The two of them were playing until Max got too rough, so I pulled Fanny away from him and gave Max the remains of a ball to carry around instead. Fanny then stuck close to Diesel and me and the two of them played together very well. The long ski rope I was using on Diesel got stuck between his big toes so I just took it off. He stayed very close to me in the pasture just as he does indoors. I think it's safe to say that he's "homed" here now, but I'm still not taking any chances. When he did wander off ahead of me, I could recall him easily. He whines a bit when he's crated indoors if I'm upstairs, but he quiets down in there at night. His neuter appointment isn't until the 9th, so I need to turn my attention to getting Fanny adopted if I want to move someone out of here sooner (and I do).




I'm not sure what was so interesting here,
probably deer poop.
Fanny looks pretty big here, but it's just the
camera angle and the fact that she's in front.



Max played best by himself, with just his ball.
I love this pic of the two of them.


Diesel was happy to have a playmate today.





Under my desk, after the pasture time.





No comments: