Friday, December 5, 2014

Rainy Day Sparky

I'm still trying to get back to my pre-Thanksgiving diet and exercise program and I'm not there yet. Sparky is key to the exercise part of it because he doesn't accept any excuses. Sparky is an all weather kind of dog, and he wants to go even if the sun isn't shining. So we did. We did five miles, not at record speed though, because the trails are muddy and I don't want to slip and fall. Sparky is really good about not pulling me on the downhill stretches or whenever I ask him to ease up. A couple weeks ago, I did fall while we were running and he stopped immediately, came back to me and tried to help me by putting his head under me and pushing me up. I wasn't sure if it was out of concern for my well-being or based on his own desire to keep moving, but it was sweet regardless.

I just got word that the dog I thought was coming tomorrow won't be coming until next weekend, and that is fine. We aren't short of dogs around here. It frees up my Saturday for another good hike and possibly a bath for Daisy.












No comments: