Monday, December 15, 2014

Former foster updates

This is the time of year I often hear from former fosters and it's really the best thing about the holiday season as far as I'm concerned. If you've got one of my former fosters, I'd love to hear from you anytime.



This is Dusty. She is 9.5 years old and was adopted many years ago to a woman who is now a friend and volunteer with Virginia German Shepherd Rescue. She holds many of my foster dogs at adoption events.

You may recognize Dusty from my profile pic on Facebook (right).




This girl is now named Layla, but she was Dolly when I had her, fairly recently. She came to me via the HOWS Project and had been living on a chain.

The HOWS Project had provided her a dog house
but what she really needed was a home, and they
did that too.
Her accommodations have improved dramatically, as you can see.






Last for now, but never least, here is Groot in front of his two siblings, learning some manners, which he desperately needed.
Groot was always on the move here and
he probably still is. He learned doggie
manners here but he needed a home to
continue his education.

























Griff:  a gentle giant with a heart as big as his head.
Many years ago we took in a male rottweiler with a large growth on his neck. He had been found as a stray on Thanksgiving day over in the valley right near an exit off of I-81 and I suspect he had been dumped. Some kind folks took him in and gave him shelter and then contacted me. We took him in between Thanksgiving and Christmas and had that nasty growth removed. They had called him Buddy, we called him Nick, and the eventual adopter gave him the name Griff. This picture is a couple years old, and I haven't heard from him in a while, but the folks who found him and took him in sent a donation to Animal Connections as they do every year about this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hearing from former fosters is absolutely the best thing about this time of year.