Friday, December 19, 2014

TFIF


TFIF is an old Irish saying I picked up in Dublin about this time last year.  It's appropriate on any Friday but especially today because we are celebrating Clay's last day at his current job and the start of a new, albeit unknown, chapter in his life. Changing jobs is difficult, but sometimes it's the only option. I've done it, twice. My first change wasn't all that successful but the second landed me in tolerable position that fits me well enough. Life is too short to squander it on any relationship where you are not welcomed, wanted, and valued.


I've said it before, that is one good
looking dog. 









I had the day off and spent a good chunk of it doing a 10 mile hike with Maya and Sparky. Those two are a great pair on the trails and they don't react badly to horses, dogs, or other people. Sparky hadn't been out in a couple days and he was loaded for bear when we started. He settled down after about two miles and finally slowed down after eight, but he had a strong finish after our last water and rest stop. Maya keeps up a pretty constant pace but is less forceful about it than Sparky.



10.08 miles, and I'm feeling them all.


Always looking, and moving, forward.




1 comment:

Risa said...

Good luck to Clay on his new path. Wishing you both very happy and furry holidays.