Saturday, April 4, 2015

Scarlett's Debut

This is a great face pic; it's a shame I cut off her ears.
I took Scarlett to a Promises adoption event today because that's where I was going even though she is a foster with VGSR. I wanted to see what she was like out in public so where we went was irrelevant and VGSR didn't have an event I could attend today.

She hopped in the van quite willingly and rode very nicely, and as I expected, she was very good at the event.

She loves to show affection.
She's good with dogs and very good with people. She's a very kissy shepherd and will lick any hand, face, or other body part offered to her.

I realize that at 7+ years of age she not going to be on everyone's short list, but as someone who has had a lot of dogs, both young and old, I can say with some experience to back it up that older dogs are easier, and every bit as loving and devoted if not more so.

That tongue was very busy today.
Scarlett latched onto me within a day. We had a couple days of being overly anxious, but she's settling down now. At first she went at her food ravenously as soon as I gave it to her. After a couple days she has realized that food comes regularly and now she's more of a grazer. I suspect she was fed irregularly at the home she came from. The prior owner reported that he had found the dog, that he had only had her about six months, and that she had never been inside his house. That last part may be true, but when she came into our house it was immediately clear that she had been a house dog at some time in her past and wanted to be again. And so she shall.






That's Scarlet on the left, sniffing puppy butt
along with another dog named Groot.









Shopping at Petsmart

No comments: